The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for the growth and management of all direct sales and marketing efforts in the assigned territory. The Territory Sales Representative's leadership is essential for maintaining the company's image of quality products and services.
TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE - SOUTHERN IOWA
- Forecasting, development, and effective implementation of sales and marketing plans to achieve territory sales goals.
- Effective territory management including knowledge of buying cycles and building long-term customer relationships.
- Represent company at trade shows and other market-specific activities to cost effectively promote Truck Equipment, Inc. products.
- Identify revenue opportunities and monitor competitive activity and trends, informing management as appropriate.
- Assist customers in equipment selection for specific industry applications.
- Demonstrate various types of equipment in different environments.
- Daily travel schedule to effectively manage assigned territory - some overnight travel required.
- Knowledge of features, benefits, and correct applications of products, with complete knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
- Clean driving record and ability to obtain a Class B CDL within 6 months of employment.
- Must live in territory - along or south of Interstate 80.
- Minimum of 2 years business-to-business outside sales experience with a proven track record of developing and maintaining a sales territory.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with equipment specifications.
- Technological skills include the requirement to operate industry-specific software and CRM databases.
- Confidence and the ability to sell complex equipment with a large price tag.
- Must be able to work independently, be detail-oriented, organized, and have strong follow-up skills.
- Experience working with municipalities, utilities, construction contractors, and truck dealers a plus.
- Base salary plus monthly commissions (true six figure potential)
- Established protected territory
- Company vehicle
- Company credit card
- Medical insurance
- Company funded retirement plan
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance
Truck Equipment, Inc. is a truck equipment and accessories distributor/installer founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. We proudly serve the states of Iowa and Nebraska.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.